Running a small business is not for the faint of heart. Along with actually providing a service or product to sell, there’s also the business of, well, running your business. Many administrative tasks that require a ton of time, as well as attention to detail, take a majority of your day to accomplish. Although it can be difficult to “let ‘em go” you may need to if you want to see some green in your bank account.
Choose one, more, or all of the tasks below to delegate to a virtual assistant.
Social Media Marketing
Promoting your business on social media is probably one of the largest time suckers for business owners. You can delegate all of your social media management or a few specific tasks such as:
- Curating content that will be helpful for your customers and clients.
- Scheduling that content using an automated social media scheduler.
- Commenting and engaging with your followers on your various profiles.
Every business owner needs to promote their business and there are hundreds of different ways to do so, depending on your industry and client base. Your assistant can:
- Order materials such as business cards and pamphlets.
- Order promotional items with your logo for giveaways or marketing events.
- Create printable or digital flyers and posters for various marketing purposes.
Exceptional customer service can make or break your business. You will want an assistant who has experience in the following:
- Responding to emails, website inquiries, and phone calls.
- Handling customer complaints politely and with grace.
- Being an all-around problem solver, because that is the epitome of customer service.
Any business goes through changes. Researching the best ways to move forward in your business can be done by:
- Conducting surveys when creating new products/services.
- Scouting the Internet for unique ideas for various projects.
- Conducting market research specific to your industry.
This may not seem like a task that needs to be delegated but it can take up much of your time, without you even realizing it. Find an assistant who can easily multi-task while managing the following:
- Scheduling all appointments and events.
- Managing your business calendar.
- Making and confirming all travel arrangements.
Data entry is probably the easiest task to hand over to an assistant. Having someone key all of your customer information in one central location, like a customer relationship management (CRM) platform, will make your life so much easier when it comes to communicating with your clients:
- Enter all pertinent customer information.
- Record lead generation information for potential clients.
- Keep all client information updated.
We are dedicated to helping overwhelmed business owners with their administrative needs. Schedule a free consultation with us to find out how we can serve you and your business.